Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I am an April Fool

I love April Fool's Day, although it's usually hard for me to think of a good prank. This year, I thought of a funny one like a week and a half ago. I know it was way after the official April Fool's Day, but I couldn't help it.

Jason and I had quite a few Cadbury Creme Eggs around. We had them sitting in an old egg carton in a table. I saved two of the wrappers of eggs I ate, and then while Jason was at work I wrapped a real, regular chicken's egg in the Cadbury wrappers. I actually had to hot glue the wrappers to make them stick, but I got them on there.

A real Cadbury Creme Egg

The special "Cadbury" egg

Once it was disguised, I slipped it into the egg carton with the real ones. (It's the top middle one). When Jason got home from work, I casually asked him if he wanted a cadbury egg. "Sure!" he said, and grabbed the disguised chicken egg. "I'm going to save it," he announced, and put it in the fridge. And so I waited, and waited, and waited. For days! I wanted him to eat it so bad, but I didn't say anything because I knew it would be so much better if it was a total surprise.


Finally, on the Saturday that Mom and Stefan were in town, we were sitting in the family room. Suddenly from behind me, Jason yelled, "Jocelyn!" I turned around, and he was sitting there holding a partially unwrapped chicken egg. It was the best. :D He was surprised when I told him how I had planted the egg days ago, and he had just happened to pick that one to put in the fridge.

Anyway, good times. :)

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!!!! I love love LOVE this! You're so patient! I would've been so antsy Shaun would've known something was up, lol =) This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! that is genius! and hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! I would not have had the patience to wait like that! Good one!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.